Thursday, January 25, 2007

And They Were Two

I wish there were words to soothe your hurt,
I wish they were yours from time of birth
I want to share your pain but don't know how
You're not alone in your fight

I want you to know…

God is watching and the laws aren't at rest
The law of the land is not always best
I heard your story and I can feel your grief
It's like stealing your hearts and putting them beneath

I want you to know…

You are loved and so are they
Maybe not by her but yours will never go away
Attraction is strong and that is one true law
It will be there with you from the ice-age 'til thaw

I want you to know…

You are cared for and so are they
Crying may not make you feel better
The hurt may not go away, but
Trust in Him who loves you like you loved them
Pray to him, like a genie
Your wish is His command.

© 2007

No comments: